CotEditor is a lightweight plain-text editor for macOS. It supports syntax highlighting, has a powerful find-and-replace with the regular expression, and other small goodies for coding. It can handle also CJK languages well. CotEditor is exactly made for macOS. It looks and behaves just as macOS applications should. CotEditor for Mac launches so quick that you can write your text immediately when you want to.
- Syntax Highlighting: Colorize more than 50 pre-installed major languages like HTML, PHP, Python, Ruby or Markdown. You can also create your own settings.
- Split Editor: Split a window into multiple panes to see different parts of your document at the same time.
- Powerful Find & Replace: Super powerful find and replace using the ICU regular expression engine.
- Character Inspector: Inspect Unicode character data of each selected character in your document and display them in a popover.
- Setting via Click: There are no complex setting files that require geek knowledge. You can access all your settings including syntax definitions and themes from a normal preferences window.
Auto Backup: You don’t need to lose your unsaved data anymore. CotEditor for Mac backups your documents automatically while editing.
- Incompatible Characters: Check and list-up the characters in your document that cannot be converted into the desired encoding.
- Outline Menu: Extract specified lines with the predefined syntax and you can jump to the corresponding line.
- CJK Language Friendly: Estimate various file encodings accurately, toggle to vertical text mode and keep its line height correctly.
Free Download: CotEditor 3.9.2